Hawks Talk Podcast: TSN’s Craig Button explains final NHL
On the most recent Hawks speak Podcast, TSN’s Craig Button joins the show to clarify his final NHL Draft rankings, why there was fluctuation in his list and UN agency the Blackhawks ought to take at No. 3 overall.
Pat Boyle, Slavko Bekovic and Charlie Roumeliotis then provide their biggest takeaways from the Button interview and the way abundant the most recent rankings have modified their read of UN agency the Blackhawks might choose.
0:35 – Craig Button describes his ranking methodology
3:35 – Bowen Byram still a lock to be a No. one defenseman
5:30 – however adding Byram to Blackhawks prospect cluster would look
8:00 – Is there any discussion Byram is that the third-ranked prospect?
8:50 – Cole Caufield checking all the pre-draft boxes
12:05 – Is there a footing to Caufield’s game?
13:30 – might Caufield slot in the Blackhawks top-6?
17:00 – Why Craig is therefore high on Matthew Boldy
19:20 – will Trevor Zegras have any downside?
20:50 – Why Vasili Podkolzin’s stock is dropping
22:25 – issues concerning Alex Turcotte’s ceiling
23:45 – issues concerning Dylan Cozens’ NHL position
25:10 – The Blackhawks can choose…
27:05 – Why the Blackhawks can’t fail with the third decide
29:45 – Bowen Byram’s work with the Blackhawks
32:15 – Question marks concerning a number of the highest alternative prospects?
Listen to the whole podcast here or within the embedded player below. Vasili Podkolzin
Weight: a hundred ninety pounds
Scouting report from Blackhawks vp of amateur reconnaissance mission Mark Kelley:
“Strong, two-way player. robust on his skates and powerful in traffic.”
NHL player comparable: Alexander Radulov
When the Blackhawks emotional up from No. twelve to three on NHL lottery night, early mock drafts pegged Podkolzin into the 3 spots. Since then, his stock has slowly begun to drop.
Podkolzin had solely 2 points (both assists) within the initial six games at the 2019 IIHF Under-18s before marking a goal and adding an assist in Russia’s 4-3 overtime loss to Sweden within the palm game. however, the important concern is his contract standing within the KHL. Podkolzin is adamant that he can return to the NHL once his deal expires, however it wouldn’t be till the 2021-22 season at the earliest.
That timeline merely does not add up with the Blackhawks’, and therefore the sole method you think about taking him at No. three is that if he is a can’t-miss athlete. And we’re undecided he falls into that class.
Click here to transfer the new MyTeams App by NBC Sports! Receive comprehensive coverage of your groups and stream the Blackhawks simply on your device. Combining these 2 queries. It’s onerous to imagine the Blackhawks rolling back identical defensive cluster. there’ll be changes on the rear finish. What which will seem like is that the fascinating question as a result of six defensemen (Carl Dahlstrom, Erik Gustafsson, Isadora Duncan Keith, woodlouse Koekkoek, Connor solanaceous vegetable, and goose Seabrook) are all below contract. which does not embrace Henri Jokiharju, UN agency might contend for a full-time list spot next season.
The unrestricted free agent market on defense consists of Jake historiographer, Erik Karlsson and Tyler Myers at the highest, all 3 of whom are trying to find an enormous day and term. The Blackhawks’ defensive cluster is just too packed right away, and not essentially in a very great way. They’re loaded with depth defensemen however not enough impact-type players.
That being same, the Blackhawks are expected to travel once another depth defenseman this summer to assist prop up their defensive game and penalty kill. If they need to feature a top-four blueliner, it would be additional possible that it might are available the shape of trade.
1) Kevin Lankinen – fluke or for real?
2) With the addition of those European players, what reasonably message will that send to those knock on the door in Rockford? Is it healthy competition or a proof Hawks are moving on from those in Rockford?Brandon,
1) Lankinen’s performance at the Worlds was no fluke. He was terrific and vie against elite competition. however as a result of that tournament is vie on a bigger ice surface, the angles are a bit completely different in order that ought to be noted.
2) I asked Jeremy Colliton this question on the most recent Hawks speak Podcast and here was his response: “That gets back to the discussion concerning depth: we want additional. we want additional competition throughout the lineup, not only for an area on the list except for an area nightly. so the role at intervals that, whether or not that is special groups or match-up line or sure combos, the additional choices we’ve got clearly the stronger our team is going to be. however, we’re planning to have injuries. I believe this year we tend to were comparatively healthy. it’ll in all probability be naive to assume that we’ll be as healthy next year. we want guys UN agency will play … you gotta be able to go twenty-five, 26, twenty-seven guys deep in your organization to win, therefore we want to stay acting on that.”
- Belmont Stakes: Sir Winston, the ‘Wrong’ Horse, Prevails
- National Best Friends Day: List Of Quotes And Funny Sayings About Friendship
- Novak Djokovic to reach second consecutive French Open final
- Eden Hazard: Real Madrid and Chelsea agree Belgian
Do the Blackhawks return to drafting twelfth within the second spherical and forward, or do they still decide third every spherical
Thank you for observing this question. I created a slip-up on a recent episode of the Hawks speak Podcast by voice communication the Blackhawks move up 9 spots in each spherical, however, that’s not the case with lottery groups. Rounds a pair of and on ar sorted by wherever you finished within the standings.
As so much as UN agency can be a lovely player within the second spherical for the Blackhawks, I will not fake to be a draft guru and throw out names I do not grasp abundant concerning. We’re hoping to urge one or 2 additional consultants on the podcast before the NHL Draft on Gregorian calendar month 21-22 and maybe dive into second spherical choices. Stay tuned.